List ten people who have influenced you. 1. My daugher, Violet: imaginative - kind - caring I once read in a book about palmistry that a sudden break or bend in your life line indicates a great change in life. Game changer, Violet was. She's a line-breaker and heart-filler. There's life before Violet, and life after Violet. The before seems comparatively boring to the after. She is continuously making me a better person, and the best part is - she has no idea. She genuinely enjoys the company of others and is unusually caring for a three year old, a quality that makes me proud and inspires me deeply. 2. My sister, Leslie/Sissy: intelligent - independent - ambitious She is so special. She is so damn intelligent, and always has been. Since I was young, her sharpness and the ease at which succeeding came to her has inspired me. We're the same in many ways and I've always been able to turn to her for sound advice, typically backed by a heavy dose of logic ...
She jotted down something on a post-it with her pink pen. Then she reached across the air that separated us and stuck the little paper on my notebook. It had the dates of two different weekends scrawled across it and that was it. Puzzled, I looked to her for an explanation. "Pick one," she said. "Pick when you'd like to go stay at the cabin." You see, this person's family has a cabin right on the lake. I had been extra stressed and she happens to be extra kind. That person is a coworker - my boss, to be exact. Sometimes in life we find ourselves in the company of kind people who recognize when your soul needs some nourishment.
Describe your relationship with your spouse. He is fun and likeable. He seems to know everyone and has many stories to tell. I watch him toss Violet around in the air with ease and her joy overflows. I always knew he would be a good dad. When we were young and first met, we became our own little family quite fast. I fell head over heals in love with him only two weeks after we officially met. At the end of our first date we sat in the car and talked for hours. Literally, hours. It always felt right and good. He gives me good laughs, even though sometimes his jokes really aren't as funny as he thinks. He's a lighter person than me (most of the time.) He likes to socialize and laugh, while I'm over building castles in the sky and lost in deep contemplation. We are good at reigning each other in. He is the constant, I am the variable. He is strong, practical, and reliable. I am strong, emotional, and fickle. Our relationship is often intense. Because both o...
Comments
Post a Comment